Freedom Fone - Version 1.0
This version is no longer supported.
The Appliance version of Freedom Fone focuses on providing users with a do-it-yourself platform. It targets users who are happy to work independently and are comfortable procuring equipment and connecting it together. This does NOT mean you need to know how to assemble a computer. Rather that you are happy to plug equipment together and configure some settings.
In its first release Freedom Fone offers deployers four powerful applications:
- Voice Menus: easy creation of single layer voice menus with support for low cost GSM devices to handle incoming/outgoing calls. We focus on low power and low cost telephony services in areas with poor Internet infrastructure. Callers to an information service running on Freedom Fone will be able to listen to rich audio content via their mobile or landline phones.
- SMS polls: opinion polls can be created in a matter of minutes and results automatically collected and displayed on the Freedom Fone server's screen.
- Leave-a-Message Voice Menu: the leave a message core application allows users to leave audio messages that can be later managed, tagged and selected by an audio editor for further use. Callers can review their message before saving it.
- Information callbacks: any audio content can be offered to users by means of phone callbacks, enabling new models of campaigning.
Read more detail on the functionality of each of the 4 components in the non-technical guide below.
Documentation for v1.0
- Installation/Testing Guide - Part 1: FreeSWITCH - PDF version (534KB)
- Installation/Testing Guide - Part 2: Middleware and Application layer - PDF version (302KB)
- PDF version (209KB)
- GSMopen: FreeSWITCH Endpoint - PDF version (219KB)
- Middleware and Application layer - PDF version (612KB)