Kubatana Trust of Zimbabwe
The Kubatana Trust of Zimbabwe is an activist information initiative based in Harare, Zimbabwe. Its focus is the aggregation and distribution of information products generated by Zimbabwean civil society organisations. Its flagship website, www.kubatana.net houses a large archive of materials and a frequently updated directory of key Zimbabwean civil society organisations.
Kubatana integrates new and old media, extending access to its aggregated content to online and offline audiences. Website, email newsletters and SMS updates (using FrontlineSMS) complement postal initiatives.
Freedom Fone has been used to run the following IVR, voice mail and SMS campaigns:
- Inzwa - News headlines - 2009-10
- Constitution information service - 2010
- Arts festival information service - 2010
- Tariro - micro audio drama focusing on sexual harassment in the work place - 2010
- Operation of Hope (free cleft lip & palate surgery) publicity service - 2011
- Big Dhara going Down and David Beckham in DZ - micro audio drama, in collaboration with UNICEF, around sexual health - 2011
- ZETDC - survey of the public's opinion on the national electricity provider's service and billing - 2012
- Job Hotline - service providing detail on jobs publicised in local newspapers - 2012